7.21.2005

Walker Art Center



Adam and I went to the Walker Art Center on Saturday in Minneapolis. I was really looking forward to the trip, but afterwards I was a little disappointed. I try to be very open about everything, including art. I try to accept things for what they are and ask questions when necessary because it is also important for me to understand most things. -That is the analytical part of my brain. Anyway, I felt really "out of it" when I was at the Art Center. I really wanted to appreciate everything and understand it and get feeling from it, but I just did not. When I looked at most of the pieces I did not understand the meaning and I felt so sad that I was not getting anything from it. Maybe next time I need to do more research before I go...

So many people say that the "scribbles" nailed on the wall do not belong in an art museum. -That a child could of painted that. I do not agree with that because I think years of emotions are going into these pieces. I just felt horrible that I could not pick up on the emotions that went into the creation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home